HSVA is one of the world leading ship model basins. As a private company operating in the wonderful city of Hamburg, Germany, HSVA is active in the field of hydrodynamic research since 1913. Besides operating a large range of experimental facilities, we are among the forerunners of CFD developments and maritime applications.
HSVA is always looking for new engaged employees. There is a wide range of career opportunities like measuring technicians, project managers, project engineers, software and instrumentation engineers.
At HSVA you will work in an open, informal but professional customer and service orientated environment. We look for ambitious, engaged persons, who are good communicators and innovative problem solvers.
If there are no vacant positions listed at the moment, but you think you can contribute to our needs, feel free to contact us:
The Hamburg Ship Model Basin (HSVA) aims to strengthen and to expand its business in the design and optimization of ship hull forms, appendages, rudders and propellers. HSVA seeks to occupy an internationally leading position in this field and to set standards in the efficiency and safety of ship designs. This requires the introduction and the application of modern, integrated design tools which do not only allow for a rapid modeling, but do also provide powerful methods for the efficient assessment of designs, including use of state-of-the-art numerical tools like CFD.
HSVA’s department Resistance and Propulsion is looking for an experienced
Senior Scientific Consultant (MSc, PhD) for applied numerical fluid dynamics in marine applications (m/f/nb).
(pay grade: free negotiation)
One year contract with possibility of extension
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Application of numerical calculations (BEM, CFD RANS, DES) in marine hydro- and aerodynamics with focus on ship powering and efficiency
- Consulting services for customers such as aerodynamic calculations, self-propulsion assessment
- Development of pre- and postprocessing tools and procedures for market readiness of numerical applications and related products
- Project Management of industry as well as research projects
- Support of research proposals including the application for public funding in national and EU frameworks
- Active support of HSVA’s strategic development of technologies and services related to numerical computations
- Dissemination and presentation of HSVA’s research achievements at international conferences and in journals
- Exciting and diversified tasks with a modern research service provider
- Flat hierarchies, short decision paths
- Flexible working hours, and performance-based salary
- Young, innovative team
- At least second level university degree (MSc, PhD), specialized in naval architecture, offshore and marine engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years of post-graduate experience in the application and/or development of numerical tools (CFD) in marine applications
- Comprehensive knowledge in fluid dynamics with focus on computational applications
- Preferably experience and familiarity with relevant tools (such as FreSCo+, nuShallo, Rhino, NAPA, CAESES)
- Coding skills, preferably Python, Fortran
- Self-motivated attitude, willingness to assume responsibility
- Readiness for continuous training and professional development
- Ability to work in a team of experts
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in German and English
To apply, please contact before 23 July 2019:
Ms. Jasmin Gronau, Tel. +49-40-69203-290, Email: email@example.com